Re: [sprint] openembedded / dpkg-cross-buildpackage hybrid

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 08:04:32PM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
ok, i've been working with openembedded continuously now for a good couple of weeks, so have a better handle on what it is, can, and cannot solve. it's definitely a competitor to the "dpkg-cross build system in combination with buildd", and is in many ways superior to it.

Interesting comparison.

One thing I like in Debian is that each package has one (or more) persons directly responsible for its quality thoughout its lifetime. How is openembedded in that respect?

Another thing I dearly like is that both source packages and binary builds are versioned. I believe this makes bug hunting more reliable. I guess openembedded is more like Gentoo in this regard: build from source, eventually caching the binary parts but without versioning. Right?

No, I do not intend to dive further into a distro war - this is probably my only post in this thread :-)

 - Jonas