Re: pdebuild-cross fixes in wook-shed branch

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 15:52:34 +0100
Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> wrote:

> +++ Wookey [2010-09-27 15:00 +0100]:
> > +++ Neil Williams [2010-09-25 13:34 +0100]:
> > > On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 02:28:12 +0100
> > > Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > 1: use feature "switch"
> >
> > > 2: please commit the change to remove lsb-release
>
> Actually the best way to fix both of these is probably to simply use a
> config file (specifying default mirror and suites) that is different
> in Debian and Ubuntu releases. That way the script doesn't need to do
> any lsb-release crap or have a switch.

Config file is preferable, yes, as it is extensible.

> The only catch is ensuring that the config file gets into the build
> chroot, but if it's part of the xapt package then that should be easy.
>
> /etc/xapt/xapt.conf? (should all configs be a dir these days even when
> they are trivial?) I guess there is a dnager of xapt gaining some more
> static config over time (e.g something like xdeb's blacklists), so a
> dir is probably a good idea.

I wondered about /etc/xapt/xapt.d too. I think it's worth having, just
so that others can provide their config simply by dropping a file into
the dir.

This is how I wanted xapt to work with dpkg-vendor - the vendor support
would dictate which config file was used. Doesn't need to be emvendor
(which itself doesn't need the full list of dependencies of the
emdebian-crush package), that is just a simple wrapper.