How to install EmDebian on a Seagate FreeAgent DockStar?

Hello Neil and *,

does someone has installed EmDebian  on  a  "Seagate FreeAgent DockStar"
which has a Marvel 88F6281 with 256 MByte NAND and 128 MByte SDRAM.

Unfortunately no SATA connectors.

Note:   I was warned that if I connect the DockStar to the Internet,  it
        build automaticaly an connection to the website  "pogoplug"  and
        download another firmware which prevent telenet/ssh  connections
        to the DockStar.

If I disable the internet connection and the DOckStar get its DHCP IP, I
am not able to connect to the DockStar.

Note 2: Since I use the "Seagate FreeAgent" already as backup  in  my
        higly secured networks (I have GOV customers) I can not allow
        unsolicited internet connections from device in my network.

so, what I need is a posibility to erase the original  installation  and
install EmDebian on it, because I think, pure ARMEL would be numbers  to
big for the 256 MByte NAND.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

itsystems@tdnet France EURL       itsystems@tdnet UG (limited liability)
Owner Michelle Konzack            Owner Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)
50, rue de Soultz                 Kinzigstraße 17
67100 Strasbourg/France           77694 Kehl/Germany
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil         Tel: +49-177-9351947 mobil
Tel: +33-9-52705884 fix

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>  <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/>         <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de