Re: Android build using Emdebian cross toolchain

+++ Siddhesh Salelkar [2010-08-20 15:47 +0530]:
> Hello all,
>
> Has anybody tried building the Android userspace using a recent
> Emdebian cross toolchain for ARM? It does sound possible in theory,
> but we are evaluating whether the Emdebian cross toolchain has any
> specific dependencies which could cause the Android build to fail, or
> vice versa.

Having just asked the man here who builds android we see no reason in
principle why it shouldn't work. Android can build for ARM and V5 so
should work with the emdebian toolchain defaults. It is normally only
tested with teh v4.4.0 compiler they ship pre-built, but you should be
able to drop the emdebian one in instead. It is possible that they
build with some funny paths that will cause breakage.

Try it.

http://wookware.org/