Preparing a point release of Grip Lenny

Now that the Squeeze release freeze is in place, I'm preparing Grip
Squeeze for a release too. The cron task has already been stopped to
make it easier to work on the repository.

The first stage of the release process for Grip Squeeze is actually to
update and then make a point release of Grip Lenny based on Debian
5.0.5. For Squeeze, I hope to keep up with the Debian point releases
but this wasn't practical for Lenny.

So, lenny-proposed-updates will be updated to match what is already in
Debian Lenny 5.0.5 and then Grip Lenny will be unfrozen, the updates
pulled from lenny-proposed-updates and Grip Lenny will be refrozen.
Once that is done, if there are other updates in Debian, those will go
into lenny-proposed-updates. (I haven't checked if this is necessary
yet.)

I'll make the formal announcement and write the news item etc. once the
point release is ready.

Then, I will start working on Squeeze to tidy up the packages and
remove packages that have been removed in Debian.

Initially, most of this work will happen offline (on my local terabyte
drive) before being done on www.emdebian.org.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/