Re: Request for Package btrfs-tools in Emdebian Grip Sid

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 17:22:46 +0200
Sander <sander@humilis.net> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Would it be possible to add btrfs-tools to the Emdebian Grip Sid
> repository?

Probably. Should get time to do that in the next few days.

> http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/armel/images/daily/kirkwood/netboot/marvell/sheevaplug/
>
> I had to use
> "priority=low DEBIAN_FRONTEND=text no_auto_cmd debian-installer/allow_unauthenticated=true"
>
> to be able to use the www.emdebian.org mirror during the install.
>
> I removed 150 packages afterwards to get a nice and clean install (82
> packages left, including openssh-server, 137MB used according to df).

Use multistrap instead.

> sudo was missing after the initial install, which was unexpected as I
> selected to disable root logins (and enable sudo) during the install.
> Also, the created user was not part of the sudo group.

That's a D-I issue.

> I very much like the thoughts behind Emdebian, and would like to help
> out. Do you have any suggestions?

See if there is a way to modify the ISO to use a root filesystem
prepared by multistrap would be one useful step.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/