Re: Another problem building gcc-4.4_4.4.4-6 related to the recent binutils 2.20.51.20100710-1 patch to set sysroot for cross builds

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010, Jim Heck wrote:
> I have run into another problem that seems related to the recent
> changes to binutils to set sysroot to /$(PF)/$(TARGET) for cross
> builds.  I don't fully understand why, but my build of
> gcc-4.4_4.4.4.6 with an alternate prefix that was working fine, but
> now fails with ld unable to find the correct libraries, unless I
> build binutils and specify an environment variable to explicitly set
> WITH_SYSROOT=/

 This sounds a bit like
 https://bugs.launchpad.net/binutils-linaro/+bug/598389

 I think the behavior of binutils changes if it's built with or without
 support, but I'm not up-to-date on what's the best thing to do is for
 cross-compilers and native compilers really.  :-/

--
Loïc Minier