Re: Patch for binutils-2.20.51.20100617 to allow parameterized build prefix for package

Hello Jim,

2010/7/6, Jim Heck <pinball.rules@gmail.com>:
> As promised, here are my diffs for modification to
> binutils-2.20.51.20100617 to parameterize out the hardcoded '/usr'
> prefix and allow a flexible package build prefix of the user's choice
> (useful in circumstances I've previously explained).  Essentially, this
> modification is just a replacement of the hardcoded '/usr' paths in the
> makefile. with a makefile variable $(PF), which is defined to be 'usr'
> if it is not explicitly set already in the environment (e.g. on the
> build command line).  This change mimics the same method already in use
> in the gcc-4.4 makefile.

Thank you very much, that it is very kind from your side to share such patch.
Next step would be (for next patch avoid mailing list) the use of the
BTS (Bug Tracking System) either sending an email to
submit@bugs.debian.org with the right headers or using `reportbug'
which makes your life easier.

Would you like to send this patch to `binutils' package for review via BTS?

Just for next posible patches remember to comment on what the patch it
is about, if you have test it or not, update any documentation and
maybe add a changelog entry. Anyhow, all you have sent seems fine for
review.

Regards,
--
 Héctor Orón