Re: Possible new section - Java

Works for me! Thanks for all your hard work on this. I'm a frequent emdebian user--- and very happy with it!

On Mar 7, 2010 5:59 PM, "Neil Williams" <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:

Grip currently divides the archive into main, devel, debug and doc.

I'm having problems maintaining a fully installable 'main' as long as
any Java packages remain in it because so many low-level Java packages
want a java compiler which then brings in gcc itself.

Instead, I'm thinking of adding a new section 'java' that will take all
packages in the Debian 'Section: java' - it's likely that those who
want Java in Grip will need to add 'dev' to their apt sources too.

deb http://www.emdebian.org/grip/ sid main
becomes:
deb http://www.emdebian.org/grip/ sid main dev java

Objections?