Re: multistrap: no pubkey found even if emdebian-archive-keyring is installed

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 23:00:53 +0100
Marcus Osdoba <marcus.osdoba@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi mailinglist,
>
> I'm experimenting with multistrap and Emdebian/squeeze. I use a quite

Which version of multistrap?

> # playground configuration
> # serves the learning process of using multistrap
> [General]
> arch=armel
> directory=/home/ossy/buildroot/multistrap/target
> # same as --tidy-up option if set to true
> cleanup=true
> # same as --no-auth option if set to true
> # keyring packages listed in each debootstrap will
> # still be installed.
> noauth=false
> #noauth=true
> # whether to add the /suite to be explicit about where apt
> # needs to look for packages. Default is false.
> explicitsuite=false
> # extract all downloaded archives (default is true)
> unpack=true
> # the order of sections is not important.
> # the debootstrap option determines which repository
> # is used to calculate the list of Priority: required packages.
> debootstrap=Emdebian
> aptsources=Emdebian
> [Emdebian]
> packages=linux-image-2.6-kirkwood linux-base initramfs-tools
> module-init-tools udev mtd-utils netbase ifupdown iproute dropbear
> busybox net-tools emdebian-archive-keyring debian-archive-keyring samba
> source=http://www.emdebian.org/grip
> keyring=emdebian-archive-keyring
> suite=squeeze

With the --simulate option, this gives:

The supplied configuration file '/home/neil/test.conf' cannot be parsed
correctly.

Error in the syntax. Each value for a key must be on a single line.
Your packages line is wrapped so that module-init-tools looks like a
new key instead of a continuation of the packages key.

> packages=linux-image-2.6-kirkwood linux-base initramfs-tools module-init-tools udev mtd-utils netbase ifupdown iproute dropbear busybox net-tools emdebian-archive-keyring debian-archive-keyring samba

Email formatting will force newlines into that string so you'll have to
take them out again.

Run multistrap with the --simulate option to see if you get a proper
listing of the packages to be used.

With multistrap 2.1.9 from experimental, you should get:

include:		No included configuration files.

Section name:	emdebian
	source:		http://www.emdebian.org/grip
	suite:		squeeze
	components:	main
	packages:	busybox debian-archive-keyring dropbear
emdebian-archive-keyring ifupdown initramfs-tools iproute linux-base
linux-image-2.6-kirkwood module-init-tools mtd-utils net-tools netbase
samba udev

Section to install:	emdebian
Section for updates:	emdebian
omitdebsrc		Omit deb-src from sources.list for sections:
None. explicitsuite:		Explicit suite selection: No - let
apt use latest. allowrecommends:	Recommended packages are
ignored. arch:			Architecture to download: armel
dir:			Output directory:
'/home/ossy/buildroot/multistrap/target' unpack:
extract all downloaded archives: true
omitrequired:		'Priority: required' packages are
included. cleanup:		remove apt cache data: true
noauth:			allow the use of unauthenticated
repositories: false

> Running sudo multistrap -f playground.conf gives the follwoing error:
> NO_PUBKEY B5B7720097BB3B58
> I could "solve" this problem with setting noauth to true.
>
> But this is not my preferred solution.
>
> I have emdebian-archive-keyring installed:

What version of emdebian-archive-keyring?

> ossy@debian-virtual:~/buildroot/multistrap$ sudo apt-key list
> /etc/apt/trusted.gpg
> --------------------
> [...]
>
> pub   1024D/97BB3B58 2007-04-30
> uid                  Emdebian Archive Signing Key
> sub   2048g/FEFD537E 2007-04-30
>
> I even manually downloaded archive-key-6.0.asc

>From where?

> and added it via "apt-key
> add archive-key-6.0.asc". Anyway, the multistrap process always
> complains about missing pub key: NO_PUBKEY B5B7720097BB3B58.
>
> Do I have to add the emdebian-archive-keyring withing the target
> filesystem somehow? Placing it in front of the package list?

I've got a local change which solves the problem - which would appear
to be that emdebian-archive-keyring is at a version which cannot be
downloaded or installed, so apt is stalling on ensuring that the
keyring is available for apt to use.

Please report a bug in Debian against the multistrap package.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/