Re: AT91SAM9263-EK or similar

Quoting "Mario Trangoni" <mjtrangoni@gmail.com>:
I want to ask to the list members if someone has worked yet with an Atmel
AT91's project. I have to choose one OS to make a card terminal module.
It has one LCD display, one touchscreen keyboard, RFID module, 2 USB port
connected (one device and one host) and one serial connection to send the
information.
The Idea is at the beginning just choosing one open source operative system,
and after that to work with Hardware's drivers, etc.

I'd like to get in contact with people who are currently working with a
similar system

Hola Mario:

we are working on a device with an AT91. It features a
non-standard LC display, custom keys, USB etc.

As operating system we use standard Debian Squeeze - even
if it is not yet released. We tried also Emdebian, but
saving disk space is not currently not an issue for us,
so we changed to mainstream Debian.

We use the armel cross compilers from the Emdebian project,
which save you the work of creating the toolchain. Nice!

The kernel is 2.6.35, from which we build a Debian kernel
package for our device.

Main questions to consider for you:
 - How much RAM do you have?
 - How much flash or disk space?