Re: Emdebian ARM Sprint

Hello Adrian,

2010/11/22 Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de>:
> You should IMHO make it a bit clearer if it is an "Embedded and ARM"
> or an "Embedded on ARM" sprint.
>
> Can you add a sentence clarifying that to the Wiki and future
> announcements?

The sprint is for both:
  * Embedded, where we care on embedded world, usually platforms with
small footprint requirements and provide tools within Debian
environment to help out developing for such systems. ARM, MIPS, SH4,
POWERPC, ... have to be taken into account.
  * ARM, where a messy mix between ABI, architectures, optimized
libraries, ... makes it difficult for a distribution like Debian to
ship a coherent set of packages for such architecture.
  * Embedded + ARM, is it a combo very much exploited in later days
for device development and it has a growing community, most of it
thanks to mobile companies.

If it is clear enough I'll move it to the wiki, if it is not, please
rewording welcome.

Best regards,
--
 Héctor Orón