Re: pdebuild-cross fixes in wook-shed branch

On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 14:42:49 +0100
Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:

> > This doesn't solve the case where we are installing something
> > different from the host (where we need to install the required keys
> > into the chroot apt keyring), but it gets us back to where we were
> > before.
>
> I'll check whether it actually needs to be "installed" or simply
> unpacked and maybe mangled with a call to gpg. Alternatively, the
> keyring package can be required outside the chroot and then the
> keyring copied inside.
>
> Looks like this should be simple:
> dpkg -X emdebian-archive-keyring /$dir/
> if ($package eq $keyring_package) {
> gpg --no-default-keyring --homedir=
>  $dir/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/ --keyring=combined.gpg
>  --import /$dir/usr/share/keyrings/emdebian-archive-keyring.gpg
> }
> or similar...

That needs to be done before using apt to download the package to
create the keyring which apt needs to be able to download the package
which contains the keyring. Who thought up this mess?

Oh, and all keyring packages must depend on apt which won't work
without a keyring package which cannot be installed until apt is
installed.

Has *nobody* thought this out??? WTF?!!!!!

Shoddy is being extremely polite.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/