Re: powerpc crosstools for Windows built with MinGW?

* Sergei Poselenov <sposelenov@emcraft.com> schrieb:

Hi,

> Obviously, it should be the compiler, built on a Linux host, generating
> powerpc binaries, but it should compile them on a Windows host.

Canadian cross.

Not a trivial issue, since it essentially involves multiple toolchain
builds: you need an several steps of building linux-x86=>mingw-x86,
linux-x86->linux-ppc, mingw-x86->linux-ppc toolchains. gcc and glibc
are tied to much together that it's even not trivial building a plain
cross-toolchain.

Do you *really* need to build linux-pcc binaries on a Windows machine ?
Why not running the build on linux ?

(btw: for building cross-toolchain I'd suggest using crosstool-ng)

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666