Re: Fixing multistrap dependency issue with -dev packages?

Hector,

Thanks for the response.  I see what you're talking about, but I'm afraid I'm still at a loss for how to express the dev component as part of the multistrap config.  When I add it to the source line in the config file, I get one kind of 404 error.  When I try to substitute it as the suite I get a different 404 error.  The multistrap man page doesn't really go into this kind of detail in its example.  Could you provide an example that pulls from a component?

Thank you very much,

-Jim Heck

For example, when I tried it as the source line like this:

[Dev]
packages= libc6-dev libncurses5-dev
source=http://www.emdebian.org/grip dev
keyring=emdebian-archive-keyring
suite=squeeze

I got this error

multistrap 2.1.6 using squeeze-grip-ilom-config
Using foreign architecture: armel
multistrap building armel multistrap on 'i386'
INF: Setting ./lib64 -> ./lib symbolic link.
Getting package lists: apt-get  -o Apt::Architecture=armel -o Apt::Get::Download-_Only_=true -o Apt::Install-Recommends=false -o Dir=/opt/multistrap/squeeze-ilom-grip/ -o Dir::Etc=/opt/multistrap/squeeze-ilom-grip/etc/apt/ -o Dir::Etc::SourceList=/opt/multistrap/squeeze-ilom-grip/etc/apt/sources.list.d/multistrap.sources.list -o Dir::State=/opt/multistrap/squeeze-ilom-grip/var/lib/apt/ -o Dir::State::Status=/opt/multistrap/squeeze-ilom-grip/var/lib/dpkg/status -o Dir::Cache=/opt/multistrap/squeeze-ilom-grip/var/cache/apt/ update
Ign http://www.emdebian.org dev Release.gpg
Get:1 http://ftp.debian.org squeeze Release.gpg [835B]
Ign http://www.emdebian.org/grip/ dev/main Translation-en
Ign http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ squeeze/main Translation-en
Ign http://www.emdebian.org/grip/ dev/main Translation-en_US
Ign http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ squeeze/main Translation-en_US
Ign http://www.emdebian.org/grip/ dev/squeeze Translation-en
Ign http://www.emdebian.org/grip/ dev/squeeze Translation-en_US
Get:2 http://www.emdebian.org squeeze Release.gpg [197B]
Get:3 http://ftp.debian.org squeeze Release [89.9kB]
Ign http://www.emdebian.org/grip/ squeeze/main Translation-en
Ign http://www.emdebian.org/grip/ squeeze/main Translation-en_US
Ign http://www.emdebian.org dev Release
Ign http://ftp.debian.org squeeze Release
Get:4 http://www.emdebian.org squeeze Release [28.8kB]
Get:5 http://ftp.debian.org squeeze/main Sources [3,790kB]
Ign http://www.emdebian.org squeeze Release
Ign http://www.emdebian.org dev/squeeze Sources
Ign http://www.emdebian.org dev/main Sources
Ign http://www.emdebian.org dev/squeeze armel Packages
Ign http://www.emdebian.org dev/main armel Packages
Ign http://www.emdebian.org squeeze/main Sources
Ign http://www.emdebian.org squeeze/main armel Packages
Ign http://www.emdebian.org dev/squeeze Sources
Ign http://www.emdebian.org dev/main Sources
Ign http://www.emdebian.org dev/squeeze armel Packages
Ign http://www.emdebian.org dev/main armel Packages
Ign http://www.emdebian.org squeeze/main Sources
Ign http://www.emdebian.org squeeze/main armel Packages
Err http://www.emdebian.org dev/squeeze Sources
  404  Not Found
Err http://www.emdebian.org dev/main Sources
  404  Not Found
Err http://www.emdebian.org dev/squeeze armel Packages
  404  Not Found
Err http://www.emdebian.org dev/main armel Packages
  404  Not Found
Get:6 http://www.emdebian.org squeeze/main Sources [620kB]
Get:7 http://www.emdebian.org squeeze/main armel Packages [526kB]
Get:8 http://ftp.debian.org squeeze/main armel Packages [6,520kB]

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Hector Oron <hector.oron@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Jim,

2010/9/7 Jim Heck <pinball.rules@gmail.com>:
> I'm trying to do a multistrap config that pulls in some -dev packages, but
> I'm having problems with the dependency resolution.  I imagine the -dev
> packages aren't in the Grip repository, and so are being picked up from the
> standard Debian repository, but the dependency checking is choking on the
> em1 suffix on the Grip package.

Emdebian Grip has a component called 'dev' with -dev packages in it ;)
Have a look to http://emdebian.org/grip/dists/unstable/

Best regards,
--
 Héctor Orón