Re: UBIFS support to Debian Installer?

+++ Bill Gatliff [2010-09-03 11:18 -0500]:
> Guys:
>

> I'm considering putting forth an effort to add UBIFS support to the
> Debian Installer.  Initially, all I want is a pre-specified partition
> layout that gets applied automatically during the installation
> process; later on, maybe some user input would be nice.
>
> The guys on #debian-boot haven't been real responsive to my questions.
>  Does anyone here know anything about how to accomplish the above?  It
> looks like I would just dump some scripts and stuff into the partman
> tree, but the details are completely beyond my grasp at this point.

Most of the work has been done, by Per Andersson as a GSoC project in
2009. The tricky bit is getting parted to do something with
not-real-disks. The patch for that was sent but never got merged
upstream( I discovered last week, so we proabbly missed squeeze). It
needs a bit of chivvying, and I'd love to see it finished.

http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-arm@lists.debian.org/msg09935.html
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/MTD

I think you'll find that what you want pretty-much works already. It
might need a bit of updating as a year has passed.

http://wookware.org/