Re: I'm confused

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 20:43:58 +0530
Abhijit Bera <abhibera@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Neil

Will you PLEASE ask on the list. Stop emailing me directly!

This is the LAST time I'll respond to direct enquiries from you. Any
more and your email address will go on an automated kill list.

> I upgraded my chroot to sid.
>
> So now I can't use emdebian-tools. Also apt-cross doesn't seem to work.
>
> apt-cross -a armel -u
> Could not open file
> /root/.apt-cross/sid/lists/ftp.us.debian.org_debian_dists_sid_main_source_Sources
> - open (2: No such file or directory)

Ignore it. apt-cross is unable to persuade apt to not output such
messages because of the perl bindings. These issues have been discussed
to death many times already. There is no prospect of these things
changing until apt-cross is replaced.

> So now how do I get my dependencies while building my packages?

Why not use pdebuild-cross which is the current method of
cross-building in Emdebian. This frees you from having to maintain your
own chroot, you can simply let pdebuild-cross maintain a cross-building
chroot on your behalf.

Please read the last email I sent - there are reasons why
cross-building is in this state in Debian right now and pestering and
nagging me is NOT the way to get anything to change!

You did not need emdebian-tools anyway, just use the normal Debian
build tools: dpkg-buildpackage -a (which I must have told you three
times already).

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/