Re: OT: powerpc rootfs

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 12:19:11PM +0200, Hector Oron wrote:
> > I was able to debootstrap a lenny arm rootfs and to use it as nfsroot.
> > Now I've debootstrapped --arch=powerpc --foreign lenny lenny $MIRROR,
> > but debootstrap/debootstrap --second-stage hangs.
>
> Could you test to generate a rootfs with multistrap instead
> debootstrap which we have been told it is broken (for some cases)?

I will do; is there an up-to-date HOWTO for that? Like what packages are
needed for a lenny host, which repos are supported (I'd like to use
Debian for now), the command line.

That said, debootstrap itself works perfectly well for this use case,
it's really some binaries that don't work. I'm suspecting a missing
kernel feature that is used by glibc; however, I enabled pretty much
everything and couldn't get it to work. Other ideas also welcome.

With kind regards,
--
Baurzhan Ismagulov
http://www.kz-easy.com/