dbus on grip

Hello,

I just did a grip installation, I had to workarround udev to have
udevd running and now dbus is complaining on consequence of launching
wicd-client:

[...]
dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.FileNotFound: Failed to connect to socket
/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory

zumbi@debian:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/dbus start
Starting system message bus: dbus
Warning: Fake start-stop-daemon called, doing nothing
.
Can't start Hardware abstraction layer - please ensure dbus is running
... failed!
Starting network connection manager: NetworkManager
Warning: Fake start-stop-daemon called, doing nothing
.
Starting Network connection manager: wicd.

I am missing something?

For the rest I have xfce4 running nicely, but missing desktop bar icons.

I think nmap is not in the grip repository and also latest
linux-image-2.6.32-5-686, could those be added? TIA

Cheers,
--
 Héctor Orón