Re: Start Emdebian

On 04/02/2010 05:02 PM, Znaz wrote:

Hello all ,
I'd like to install emdebian in TS7800 board but i do not know how to
start do it ,
then please can any tell me how I should start the installation ? note
that my board contain debian but it seems I should install emdebian
according to the dependences packages

thanks

I think you should start from
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/l-dw-linux-embedded-distro-i.html

In my opinion good way is:
1. install emdebian in some directory with debootstrap
2. make copy of this root to SD (with permission handling etc)
3. boot from SD, format on-board nand, do copy of root once again (with permission handling etc)

But I think you can also do net install with debian-installer, but in this case you have to worry about kernel(used in installer) support for hardware. In other case you can try to build your own kernel and use it with installer initramfs, but you should also consider size limits of 1st and 2nd partitions.
--
Aleksandr