Re: target arch: sparc64 for cross toolchain?

Hi,

2010/2/5 Raymond Vetter <raymondv@gmx.de>:
> there are only sparc targets available. Sparc32 is outdated: Debian 5.x does
> not support sparc(32) so please supply also sparc64 packages.

I believe sparc toolchain was built for lenny with its Debian lenny
defaults. Multilibed (-m64) was broken and not yet fixed a while ago
#504487.

We are still discussing on what would be squeeze toolchain with all
the multiarch transition and ongoing work is in progress.

I would recommend you try to follow the following steps for your need
Debian architecture. It is also documented in the wiki page[1].

Some architectures were failing to build gcc-4.4, maybe sparc was one
of them, I can't really remember all of them, but now, we might be
taken another approach to build squeeze tools.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/EmdebianToolchain#Buildyourownfromsources

== Procedure to build a toolchain from sources ==

$ dpkg-cross -a <debian_arch> -b linux-libc-dev_XXX_<debian_arch>.deb
$ dpkg-cross -a <debian_arch> -b libc6_XXX_<debian_arch>.deb
$ dpkg-cross -a <debian_arch> -b libc6-dev_XXX_<debian_arch>.deb
# You can also try to get this packages with apt-cross tool.

$ apt-get source binutils; cd binutils-*
$ TARGET=<debian_arch> fakeroot debian/rules binary-cross
$ cd..
$ sudo dpkg -i *.deb
# So far we got linux kernel headers, libc6 libraries and headers, and
binutils under /usr/<triplet>/

$ apt-get source gcc-4.X
$ cd gcc-4.X-*
$ GCC_TARGET=${ARCH} DEB_CROSS=yes fakeroot debian/rules control
$ DEB_CROSS_NO_BIARCH=yes \
        GCC_TARGET=${ARCH} DEB_CROSS=yes dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -rfakeroot

$ apt-get source gdb
$ cd gdb-*
$ GDB_TARGET=${ARCH} dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -us

# Install the packages and enjoy!

Kind regards,
--
 Héctor Orón