Re: new architecture wishlist

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 04:00:01PM +0200, Hector Oron wrote:

> > Any other wishes for platforms to be added? The targets aren't required
> > to be self-hosting, this is mainly so dpkg-architecture knows them, and
> > can provide appropriate environment variables when invoked with -a.

> SH arches if there is a formal port:
>   sh3, sh4, sh4a, sh4al, shmedia,...

sh3             sh3-linux-gnu
sh3eb           sh3eb-linux-gnu
sh4             sh4-linux-gnu
sh4eb           sh4eb-linux-gnu

These exist currently -- do we need all of these, or should any be dropped
in the process?

>From what I see, the main difference between sh4 and sh4a in userspace are
the new interlocking functions and different instruction scheduling to
avoid pipeline stalls, as I expect that the new address model can be
abstracted away in kernel space?

shmedia would be sh5?

   Simon