Re: Trying to generate grip chroot

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 16:59:47 -0300
Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva <marcot@holoscopio.com> wrote:

> > What was the working directory at this point?
> > $ pwd
>
> /home/marcot/trabalho/embedded/images
>
> > What is the contents of /etc/emsource.conf ?
>
> # config file for emsource, created by libemdebian-tools-perl.
> # /etc/emsource.conf is maintained by debconf.
> # see emsource (1) for more information
> #
> username:
> aptagent: true
> primary: ftp.fr.debian.org
> targetsuite: unstable
> workingdir:

That needs to be the above directory - or move machine/ to another
location and specify that directory. Whichever way you do it,
$workingdir/machine needs to exist.

I'll improve emsandbox to complain if this cannot be found.

I'll improve the emsandbox manpage too.

Please file a bug against emdebian-rootfs so that I don't forget (even
if you get this working, file the bug so that others don't experience
the same problems).

> > I suspect that you haven't
> > put the machine directory in the right place, it needs to be directly
> > beneath the emdebian working directory set in /etc/emsource.conf which
> > can be adjusted using debconf via dpkg-reconfigure:
>
> I didn't knew that.  But it keeps not working:

emsandbox reads workingdir from /etc/emsource.conf - you need to update
that first with dpkg-reconfigure libemdebian-tools-perl.
> DEBOOTSTRAP_DIR=/usr/share/debootstrap/ debootstrap  --verbose --foreign
> --arch i386
> unstable /home/marcot/trabalho/embedded/emdebian/pbuilder/build

> http://www.emdebian.org/crush/ /usr/share/emdebian-tools/emdebian.crossd

Until that line changes, the rest is pointless.

> username:
> aptagent: true
> primary: ftp.fr.debian.org
> targetsuite: stable
> workingdir: /home/marcot/trabalho/embedded/emdebian/

Doesn't match:

> /home/marcot/trabalho/embedded/images

Did you move/symlink the machine/ directory?

/home/marcot/trabalho/embedded/emdebian/machine
or
/home/marcot/trabalho/embedded/images/machine
?

It could be easier to use debootstrap or multistrap with Grip.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/