Re: any chance of a 486 kernel in the grip repository?

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:42:34 +0000
David Goodenough <david.goodenough@btconnect.com> wrote:

> > David Goodenough <david.goodenough@btconnect.com> wrote:
> > > I am trying to install grip on an Geode SC1100 based board, and those
> > > processors will not take a 686 kernel.  Any change of a 486 kernel
> > > in the repository?
> >
> > What is the actual package name that you need?
>
> It would be linux-image-2.6.28-1-486.  The only one there is
> linux-image-2.6.28-1-686.

Added.

http://www.emdebian.org/grip/search.php?arch=i386&distro=sid&package=linux-image-2.6.28-1-486

There isn't much effect of gripping a kernel, but it is important that
the kernel package is available for installations etc. For other
situations, you can always use a Debian kernel with minimal change in
the package size.