Re: emdebian-tools problem on lenny (package dependcies from unstable)

Hello,

> emdebian-tools has installed
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/emdebian.sources.list containing:
>
> # The Emdebian toolchain repository
> deb http://www.emdebian.org/debian/ unstable main
> deb-src http://www.emdebian.org/debian/ unstable main

That is something that should be fixed on emdebian-tools. the reason why
it happens it is that before lenny was released, we were working on
unstable, and by default it adds does lines into the sources list. That
is quite dangerous and unappropriated right now.

> My system sources list points to a local lenny mirror but I don't
> think the local mirror is the problem since lenny contains libgomp1
> 4.3.2-1.1 according to packages.debian.org.
>
> So the problem seems to be that the emdebian unstable repository is
> missing dependencies.

You need to point
# The Emdebian toolchain repository
deb http://www.emdebian.org/debian/ lenny main
deb-src http://www.emdebian.org/debian/ lenny main

> So questions :
> 1) Is this a bug or a transient problem with the embedian mirror? [I'm
> not sure or I would have filed a bug report directly]

Fill a bug against emdebian-tools

> 2) Why does emdebian add unstable sources? - doesn't this make builds
> non reproducable since we will have the "toolchain of the day"?

Answer above :-)

Apologies for any inconvenience