Re: Status of gpe on emdebian crush

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 19:50:46 +0000
Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> wrote:

> My normal next step would be to use strace,ltrace,objdump and ldd to
> try and figure out what is going on but the first three don't appear
> to be in emdebian and ldd is a shell script that requires bash  (i've
> tried dash but to no avail).

> > Are there any good reasons for not including these tools? Should I try
> > to build emdebian packages locally for them?
>
> Nope, please try building them.

OK, the reasons I gave amount to why I haven't included them so far. If
your board really can afford the space not only for the tools but also
for -dev packages and build-dependencies, have a go at cross-building
the relevant packages.

I'd expected debugging to happen in Grip, however, debugging stuff on
Crush is different to debugging Grip - the packages in Crush have
changed and the changes have not been fully reconciled. Small debugging
tools are probably going to be useful, just don't expect gdb and perl
is a long-standing problem. If anyone fancies seeing if the current
versions of perl actually might cross-build, please give it a go.

If someone can cross-build the requested packages (including all
necessary dependencies) and pass on details of the necessary patches,
I'll add them in. (Packages need to cross-build inside a clean
empdebuild chroot to be added.)

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/