Re: Successful debootstrap of armel with emdebian!

On 2009-01-09 13:44 -0600, Bill Gatliff wrote:
> Guys:
>
> > Just a quick note to let you know that I've just finished setting up a
> debootstrapped armel using almost solely the emdebian repositories.
> Great work, guys!!

And Neil and I booted a debootstrapped grip on arm (balloonboard) on
Monday (1st non-x86 boot).

I've since installed a pile of Debian packages and libs on top of it
to support a particular app and nothing broke. Base debootstrap +
networking, device-specific bits and dropbear was 72MB. Adding the
app+deps plus 2 acapela voices (70MB) and removing 30Mb of Debian lenny
Packages files produced a 185MB system, which is about half the size
of an equivalent plain Debian system. So that's pretty good.

It could get quite a lot smaller with a bit of effort (perl gets
brought in and some of X, neither of which are actually needed)

Principal hats:  Balloonz - Toby Churchill - Aleph One - Debian
http://wookware.org/