Re: Regarding 500 changes in Grip unstable

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 22:08:54 +0100
Andrey Gursky <andrey.gursky@e-mail.ua> wrote:

> Neil, thanks for your answer!
>
> I've just noted, the bugs you posted are already fixed.
>
> But gcc-4.2 is still there. Is it possible to workaround this issue
> till it got removed?

$ parsechangelog
Source: emdebian-grip
Version: 2.2.3
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 00:01:30 +0000
Changes:
 emdebian-grip (2.2.3) unreleased; urgency=low
 .
   * Reduce autogrip workload by simplifying the parser.
   * emgrip-dupes : Protect source packages in main when purging.
   * Add emgrip-dupes output to grip-cron logfile.
   * Add emgrip-remove - helper to remove packages from the repository
     and the filter.

First test for emgrip-remove was to remove gcc-4.2 - what the script
does is identify the source package and relevant suites, then removes
the source package from each and updates the filter so that it isn't
reintroduced at the next update. (Yes, it comes with a --dry-run mode
too so that you can see what is going to happen.)

Dependency checks in Grip are getting difficult (partially due to the
split into main, dev, doc and debug components).

If there are uninstallable packages, let me know.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/