Re: arm-linux-gnu toolchains

Hi,

2009/11/24 Hoefle Marco <Marco.Hoefle@nanotronic.ch>:
> I had the sources.list pointed to the testing repository, adding a lenny
> repository helped.
> Is the arm-linux-gnu toolchain still maintained? I saw that for gnueabi
> gcc 4.4 is available.

Short:
arm is not maintained anymore.

Long:
arm architecture has been dropped from Debian, in favor of armel, so
we cannot have that toolchain by the means we build today. Once we get
into Debian, we aim to bootstrap toolchains, so basically you could
have any architecture, but this feature still have to come... also
there are multiarch plans that might change our goals.

> Having all cross toolchains in proper debian would be a nice step.

Yes, but *not all* at the moment only arm EABI. The rest of compilers
might be moved to debian-ports.org

--
 Héctor Orón