Re: multistrap rootfs with initramfs

On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 16:50:29 +1100
"Brendan Simon (eTRIX)" <brendan.simon@etrix.com.au> wrote:

> I managed to boot into a linux environment from an initramfs provided by
> a vendor SDK.  I then nfsmounted the multistrap rootfs to /nfsrootfs,
> chroot to /nfsrootfs and executed 'dpkg --configure -a'.
>
> It segfaulted :(

Might not have been dpkg, it could simply be one of the executables
called by the maintainer scripts. What was the output?

> Running dpkg without args works ok, so it is the correct architecture :)

So use dpkg --configure $package to pin the blame on one package or
call the maintainer scripts
directly, /var/lib/dpkg/info/$package.preinst etc.

> I know it is vague, but what could be causing the segfault ??

Wrong libc between the init and the one needed by dpkg?

Weird problems with NFS?

Is there a serial connection or an SSH login you can try instead of
actually mounting over NFS?

> Any other dpkg commands I can/should try ??

dpkg -l to see which packages have been configured and which are broken.