Re: RFS scrubbing

On 2009-09-04 14:33, Gertjan Hofman wrote:
> i did want to answer the call to provide scripts that are being used.

That is what we do:
 - like Gertjan: remove the APT and dpkg databases
 - recreate the initrd with only a handful of modules
 - we plan to remove a lot kernel modules

Related to Python:
 - remove all '*.py' files - Python just uses the '*.pyc' files
 - remove parts of the standard Python package

In general we do not care that much about installation size. RAM
usage is much more critical for us, as is boot time. OTOH, we
don't want to divert too much from standard (em)debian.