Re: emdebian crush nfs filesystem keeps halting at boot time

> HI,
>
> I 've been using an nfs-mounted emdebian crush filesystem on a arm
> at91rm9200 board. However, with my latest kernels the system halts at
> boot time - I am not sure if it's checkfs.sh related.
> Here's part of the bootlog:
>
> VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesystem) on device 0:13.
> Freeing init memory: 124K
> init started: BusyBox v1.11.1 (2008-08-08 18:56:00 ART)
> starting pid 317, tty '': '/etc/init.d/rcS'
> .udev/ already exists on the static /dev! (warning).
> Starting the hotplug events dispatcher: udevd.
> Synthesizing the initial hotplug events...done.
> Waiting for /dev to be fully populated...done.
> Setting hostname to 'emdebian-arm'...done.
> Activating swap:.
> Will now check all file systems.
> fsck 1.41.3 (12-Oct-2008)
> Checking all file systems.
> Done checking file systems. A log is being saved in
> /var/log/fsck/checkfs if that location is writable..
> Asking all remaining processes to terminate...done.
> All processes ended within 1 seconds....done.
> Will now mount local filesystems:.
> Will now activate swapfile swap:done.
> The system is going down NOW!
> Sending SIGTERM to all processes
> Sending SIGKILL to all processes
> Requesting system halt
> System halted.
>
> Any ideas?
> This is from 1 2.6.30 kernel boot. Strangely enough an old 2.6.20
> kernel lets the system boot - Are there any new kernel config options
> that
> would cause this?

 I had this problem as well. I have a "quick fix" for it.
/etc/inittab launches the kill script for any reason.

The relevant content in this file is:
# now run any rc scripts and then login
::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS

In /etc/rc.d are the links to the scripts which are going to be
executed. I deleted the links to the scripts responsible for making the
system to go down.

Regards,
Marco