Re: emdebian emsandbox for armel architecture

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 13:12:07 +0200
hoefle marco <marco.hoefle@nanotronic.ch> wrote:

> I have a question regarding the repositories of arm and armel

There are no repositories for armel for Crush - this has been
re-iterated several times and is also on the webpage for Crush:
http://www.emdebian.org/crush/

"Currently only available for ARM"

Crush 2.0 has been abandoned, there is no current development on
anything related to Crush and the possible fixes will not be ready
until after Squeeze is released, i.e. Crush 3.0 - at leasta year from
now, if not more. (The more protests are made, the longer it will take.)

> architectures. I am using crush for arm without any problems.
> "sudo emsandbox -a arm --create" creates a nice tar ball which can be
> installed on the target.

Fine, that is all emsandbox can do. ARM.

I would say build the packages yourself but as Crush development is
stalled, the packages no longer build cleanly.

> For a new hardware we need the armel
> architecture.

Then you cannot use Crush! End.

> http://www.emdebian.org/crush/ /usr/share/emdebian-tools/emdebian.crossd

There are not packages for armel available via Crush.

There will be no repositories of armel packages for Crush for any
foreseeable period of time into the future - even the ones for ARM are
not being updated.

Use Grip (and therefore multistrap, not emsandbox) or wait until Crush
3.0 is ready in about 18months time. No arguments, no ifs or buts, what
you seek does not exist and will not exist for some considerable time.