new architecture wishlist

Hi,

a few days ago I asked on #debian-dpkg whether it was possible to get a
mechanism for adding new architectures to dpkg by dropping extra tables
into a specific directory.

Given that these tables are ordered by regex specificity and that there
ought to be at least some arbitration in the architecture namespace, it
appeared to be the best solution to simply add new architectures in the
dpkg package, whether they are official Debian architectures or not.

So I'd like to collect a wishlist here and ask for comments:

Debian      GNU arch                    GNU regex
armebuc     armeb-uclinux-uclibceabi    arm.*b-uclinux[^-]*-[^-]*eabi
armeluc     arm-uclinux-uclibceabi      arm-uclinux[^-]*-[^-]*eabi
win32       i586-mingw32msvc            i(3,4,5,6)86-mingw32msvc
win64       (to be decided by mingw maintainers)
cygwin32    i686-cygwin                 i(3,4,5,6)86-cygwin

arme?uc is meant to be "MMUless ARM"; it is quite likely that uClibc is
the only choice for these in the beginning, hence it is the default.

win?? packages are unlikely to be installable in the target, but can be
converted using dpkg-cross to get libraries into the cross building env
easily.

cygwin64 doesn't exist yet upstream, so I don't see any point in adding
it to dpkg.

Any other wishes for platforms to be added? The targets aren't required
to be self-hosting, this is mainly so dpkg-architecture knows them, and
can provide appropriate environment variables when invoked with -a.

   Simon