Re: difference in files' sizes using dpkg-scanpackages

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 02:23:02 +0800
user <slavkv@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a Emdebian Grip mirror which is created by 'debmirror' program.

I'd use reprepro myself. Not sure that dpkg-scanpackage or debmirror
are going to be able to handle it.

> The structure is:
> grip
> |-dists/lenny
> |-------lenny-proposed-updates
> |-------sid
> |-------squeeze
> |-pool/...
> |-project/...
>
> I'm trying to use a dpkg-scanpackage command to make my own Packages
> files.

reprepro will do that for you - and maintain them for you.

> At this time there is only one dir 'pool' which contains all packages
> (from all distrs).
>
> How to create own 'Packages' file in this situation for every distr
> correctly? (I'm planning to add some custom linux-image deb packages
> and I need a possibility to install them via apt-get).

reprepro.

The emdebian-grip-server package can do this for you - with the ability
to "grip" packages directly into your mirror.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/