Re: Crush does not contain linux-image package

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 01:58:48 +0800
user <slavkv@gmail.com> wrote:

> As I understand I can build a linux-image deb package in usual Debian
> (lenny for example) and install it in arm firmware?

If you're building on arm for installation on arm, it will be fine -
but then you could just use the existing ARM kernel packages. You'll
need to make some changes to the kernel config.

For cross-building, the Debian packaging might need a few tweaks.

Other users build kernels direct from kernel.org using Emdebian
toolchains.

It isn't necessary to have the kernel as a package - some devices have
a completely separate storage mechanism for the kernel itself, so a
bare zImage is more useful than a .deb.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/