Re: Missing /usr/share/emdebian-tools/machine/

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 12:08:27 -0300
Amandeep Bhullar <arm.debian@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to make Grip chroot using emsandbox

emsandbox is for Crush. Use multistrap for Grip.

> # Apt-get install emdebian-tools
>
> $ sudo emsandbox -a armel -m balloon -v grip create
> Creating an embootstrap armel chroot
> Cannot find 'usr/share/emdebian-tools/machine//balloon

To use a machine directory, you need to create it, populate it yourself
and configure the contents yourself.

You appear to have set your Emdebian working directory
to /usr/share/emdebian-tools/ which is just plain wrong.

The Emdebian working directory needs to be a user-writable location
where all the Emdebian builds can occur.

Use /home/something/machine
or
/opt/emdebian/machine

> There is no folder like 'usr/share/emdebian-tools/machine'
> Any ideas? And what machine type should I use for AT91SAM9263?

Anything you like, just not something like 'balloon' which is a
completely different board.

http://www.emdebian.org/emdebian/customisation.html

http://www.emdebian.org/emdebian/machinevariants.html

The working directory is set by debconf and stored in /etc/emsource.conf

$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh libemdebian-tools-perl