Re: Crush cannot support building packages.

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 12:10:51 -0300
Amandeep Bhullar <arm.debian@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have Emdebian Crush running on ARM based AT91SAM9263EK and want to install
> gcc on it, but it does not work.

Crush does not support installing gcc - it does not support building any
packages on Crush itself. You need to cross-build for Crush on a
standard Debian desktop using emdebian-tools.

gcc was only built for Crush because various packages need libgcc1 and
apt needed libstdc++6.

> # apt-get update
> Hit http://www.emdebian.org unstable Release.gpg

Wrong apt source. See:
http://www.emdebian.org/crush/

apt binaries

For use on machines running Emdebian Crush.
Unstable (Sid)

deb http://www.emdebian.org/crush/ sid main

> Is it some problem with the apt-get sources not set on my /etc/apt folder?

Your sources are wrong.

> Or which package do I install otherwise?

There is nothing you can install, Crush simply will not be able to ever
support what you requested. There is no perl, there are no build
scripts, there are almost no -dev packages and those that exist are not
meant to be installable on Crush.

Only Grip will gain build support (but isn't there yet.)