Re: package headers for user applications

On Thu, 28 May 2009 10:40:17 +0200
hoefle marco <marco.hoefle@nanotronic.ch> wrote:

> Hello,
> to port an application to emdebian crush running on an arm (PXA270)
> board we need the dbus package installed.
> I found the package under grip package sources:
> libdbus-1-3_1.2.1-5em1_arm.deb

Don't use Grip for the source of packages in Crush. Use Debian.

Building the package with emdebian-tools then applies the same changes
as would exist in the Grip package - indeed, it applies a few extra
ones too for Crush.

> I put this package on the target and installed it using dpkg.

(Don't build stuff on Crush.)

> Our user
> application needs the according dbus/dbus.h header file. What is the
> suggested way to put it to /usr/arm-linux-gnu/include to be able to
> cross compile our user app?

On your desktop machine:

$ dpkg -S /usr/include/dbus-1.0/dbus/dbus.h
libdbus-1-dev: /usr/include/dbus-1.0/dbus/dbus.h

$ apt-cross -v -a arm -i libdbus-1-dev
[enter sudo password if prompted]

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/