Re: How to run secondstage using uboot

On Lun 04 May 2009 12:35:54 Neil Williams escribió:
> On Mon, 4 May 2009 17:26:02 +0200
>
> Martin Fuzzey <mfuzzey@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I just run emsecondstage from /etc/inittab  [before the rc.d stuff
> > starts up] You'll need to create a few device nodes manually (just
> > console should be enough).
> > This should work with any bootloader.
>
> I've wondered about doing that but never had a chance to test it.
> Thanks for getting it working. emsecondstage removes itself once
> complete, so the routine presumably checks to see if the script exists
> first?
>
> If additions are needed in the various manpages, just file a wishlist
> bug with the details.
>
> > > Could it be possible to create the device nodes in the rootfs before
> > > installing it?
> >
> > Yes ou can se mknod from the setup.sh script to do this.
>
> Examples can be included in the manpages too, if you'd like.
> Alternatively, a part of the Emdebian Rootfs wiki page.

I will be happy to coolaborate with this (testing it, specially)

Regards, Lisandro.

--
So that's it - insecure, indiscriminate, user-hostile, slow, and full
of difficult, nit-picking people. Any other online community would

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/