Re: Building user applications with thread library

Hi Marco,

hoefle marco wrote:
> That does the trick! I thought I had everything configured by using
> dpkg-reconfigure dpkg-cross and selecting arm.

Glad you got it working. I let emsetup do everything and don't touch
dpkg-cross etc myself.

> You are using USB as well obviously :-)

Yes, I'm adding a HCD for the i.MX21.

> Have you managed to get the usbutils running on your ARM crush device?
> It would be handy for the lsusb command.

It works for me and I didn't do anything special (beyond installing the
package obviously).
I have usbutils 0.73.10em1

What problems are you having?

Do you have suitable output from cat /proc/bus/usb/devices  ?

Make sure your kernel has CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS and CONFIG_PROC_FS enabled.

If you're not using udev you'll probably need to manually mount usbfs
mount -t usbfs none /proc/bus/usb  [or add a line to /etc/fstab]

I have udev (for the moment anyway as I find it slows down the boot a
lot) and it seems to do the mounting automatically.

Cheers,

Martin