Emdebian Code Audit - progress

A few metrics on the progress of the Code Audit:

128 packages processed so far.

81 packages have been assessed and have persistent issues.
15 packages have been assessed and are delayed by known bugs.
25 packages have been assessed but all issues fixed.
114 packages remain to be assessed.

It's no surprise that all of the 25 "done" packages either have no
shared library dependencies or are my own packages in Debian. Another
49 packages are waiting for a method of generating and maintaining
debian/xcontrol files (possibly amongst other issues). Simon! :-|

To process the page, use w3m instead of lynx to dump the page, lynx has
problems with the table.

$ wget http://wiki.debian.org/EmdebianCodeAudit
$ mv EmdebianCodeAudit EmdebianCodeAudit.html
$ w3m -dump EmdebianCodeAudit.html > audit
$ grep "  Done" audit > done
$ grep "  Wait" audit > wait
$ grep "^[a-z].*[0-9]$" audit |grep -v '(' > remain

etc.

Most of the time that 'rules' is mentioned, it refers to bugs that need
to be filed (or maybe already are filed) in Debian under the long term
mass bug filing for cross-build support. I haven't tied the
not-filed-yet bugs against the list of bugs that have been filed.
That's another stage - if anyone fancies just listing the bugs in the
wiki page it would be handy. http://www.emdebian.org/bugs.php
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=crossbuilt;users=codehelp@debian.org

The stage after that is actually starting the NMU's - that needs to be
raised on debian-devel before those start. Once those are uploaded,
I'll file the next series of bugs.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/