Emdebian Grip 1.0.1 pending

I'm about to migrate the newly created stable-proposed-updates section
into stable to create the 1.0.1 release.

I'll also be releasing emdebian-grip 1.9.1 to Emdebian which contains
the updated code to generate the release.

$ wget http://www.emdebian.org/grip/dists/lenny-proposed-updates/main/binary-armel/Packages
$ grep Package: Packages |wc -l 127

So 127 packages get updates in the point release. This is more than
Debian 5.0.1 because Emdebian Grip 1.0 was actually released a little
behind Debian 5.0 due to a lack of scriptage that now exists in
emdebian-grip 1.9.1 ;-)

(Basically, it was hard for the previous scripts to handle
testing-proposed-updates during a release cycle so some updates were
missed.)

I'll make a formal release announcement tomorrow - this is just a
heads-up that Emdebian Grip stable is about to be updated.

I've got some more tests to do (mainly to check the installability of
the updated packages) and expect to migrate the actual packages
tomorrow morning.

You can test the available updates yourself by using these sources:

deb http://www.emdebian.org/grip lenny main
deb http://www.emdebian.org/grip lenny-proposed-updates main

Emdebian Grip 1.0.1 will also include dev and doc support (although
there are only a handful of packages in each right now), so the website
will also need an update to mention the newly available sources:

deb http://www.emdebian.org/grip lenny main dev doc
deb http://www.emdebian.org/grip lenny-proposed-updates main dev doc

(i.e. dev and doc are used in the same was as you'd use non-free or
contrib because they use that part of the repository support. I'm
considering adding 'debug' in the same way. Other splits *must* be
reliably predicated on the *package name suffix*.)

One or two glitches with that, so far, reprepro seems to second-guess
the scripts and puts packages that are in Section: doc into the doc
component which isn't quite the same thing (so man-db has appeared in
doc). I need to do some debugging of that to see if it is a bug in the
scripts (likely) or in reprepro (less likely).

Emdebian Crush is not in a suitable state for an update.