How to install Bootloader

Hi,
I have a device which is running WinCE currently,and i need to get Linux on this device.It runs ARM 926EJ-S with 64 MB Ram..The device only has one USB host and one USB Slave..
The issue that I face is that I am not able to halt the bios on this device,so that I could actually coax it to open a serial terminal so that I could install from the USB stick.Is it the way we halt bioses on normal machine by pressing the del key?

Can you please point to a how-to or getting started in such a scenario..

Also,before I format and go to the next step,What kind of a GUI does embdebain support on such a hardware configuration?.WinCE is running pretty well on this, with the Touchscreen working well, so my guess is there would be support for a native display manager...

Thanks,
Rupin