Re: [pkg-fso-maint] re-test with hal installed and no changes to xorg.conf

Hi Timo!

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 00:08:14 +0100, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
> Luca Capello <luca@pca.it> writes:
>> However, am I the only one who does not want hal?
>
> I had exactly the same thoughts :-) xserver-xorg-input-tslib works
> here just fine without running hald.
>
>> Should I file a bug requesting demotion of hal and the evdev input
>> driver to Recommends: instead?
>
> Isn't it Recommends already?

It seems I was not clear, my phrase should have been read:

  Should I file a bug TO XSERVER-XORG requesting demotion of hal and the
  evdev input driver to Recommends: instead?"

If xserver-xorg keeps depending on hal, there will be no point for
xserver-xorg-input-tslib in recommeding hal...

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca