Cross-building toolchain

(Please CC me on replies as I'm not subscribed.)

Hi,

I've recently started using your cross toolchain to build upstream armel
and s390 kernels. Thanks for providing them.
I have a few comments and questions.

First, I noticed that the package info is unchanged from the standard
packages. That means that you get the following:

$ aptitude show gcc-4.3-arm-linux-gnueabi-base
Package: gcc-4.3-arm-linux-gnueabi-base
Version: 4.3.3-5
Section: devel
Maintainer: Debian GCC Maintainers <debian-gcc@lists.debian.org>

IMO both the Priority and the Maintainer fields are incorrect. Priority
for all crossbuild packages should be "extra", and I'd suggest to change
the Maintainer field to  the actual person doing the builds or maybe the
d-embedded list.

Second, gcc-4.1 packages are currently uninstallable for sid/amd64 because
the gcc packages are version 4.1.2-23 while the -base packages are still
at 4.1.2-22. For example:
gcc-4.1-s390-linux-gnu         4.1.2-23
gcc-4.1-s390-linux-gnu-base    4.1.2-22

I find that surprising as both are arch-specific packages and from the
same source package.

And last, I noted that your search page currently fails:
An error occurred while loading
http://www.emdebian.org/toolchains/search.php:
Timeout on server
 Connection was to www.emdebian.org at port 80