Re: Getting emdebian crush running: root passwort created by emsandboy and tty problem. Everything solved.

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 10:00:38 +0100
"Hoefle Marco" <Marco.Hoefle@nanotronic.ch> wrote:

> Hello Neil,
> everything from the emdebian side works very well, finally the tty problem was solved.

EXCELLENT! I'm really glad you got the problems solved, finally.

Crush does require persistence.
;-)

> The problem was in inittab:
>
> # Set up a couple of getty's
> tty1::respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty1
> tty2::respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty2
>
> Those ttys didn't exist and thus I commented these lines and voilà, the emdebian-arm root prompt appears on the console.
> Thanks for all your help,
> Marco

Feel free to add whatever useful content you want to the wiki pages or
create a wiki page just for your board, at wiki.debian.org. When
editing the page, just select CategoryEmdebian from the Add To: drop
down list.

--

Neil Williams