Re: Emdebian Grip Packages for 1.0r0

On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 09:06:54 +1100
Brendan Simon <Brendan@BrendanSimon.com> wrote:

> Neil Williams wrote:
> > Interesting - there's a long way to go before Emdebian Crush can fit on
> > the openmoko without using the microSD but Grip will fit wherever Debian
> > will fit (and provide more packages in the same space, once the
> > packages are in Grip in the first place).
> >
> > I'm not sure how many packages to add between now and the release next
> > weekend - potentially I could add several hundred, increasing the size
> > of Grip by at least 150% which might not be a great idea that close to
> > release. ;-) Most of the extra packages will have to wait for Grip
> > 1.0r1 (which in turn will be when Lenny r1 is released) or just use
> > testing ('squeeze').
> >
> I would like to see.
>
>     * snmp (net-snmp)

I'll look at that one. Please follow-up to #509607 mentioning this
package and why it should be in Grip.

>     * openssh-server

Already in Grip:
http://www.emdebian.org/grip/search.php?arch=i386&distro=unstable&package=openssh-server

>     * openssh-client

Already in Grip:
http://www.emdebian.org/grip/search.php?arch=i386&distro=unstable&package=openssh-client

>     * dropbear (primarily as an alternative to openssh for crush).

Hang on, I'm looking for packages for Grip. I was considering dropbear
for Grip already.

If you want dropbear for Crush, please have a go at cross-building it
for ARM and submit a bug report to buildd.emdebian.org as a RFP -
request to package, attaching the emdebian patch files. :-)