Re: Edimax BR mipsel board

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 19:56:32 +0100
Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl> wrote:

> I think I still don't understand where and how "Emdebian" makes life
> easier. Most likely I'm not affected by "the problem" to what
> Emdebian is the solution.

The homepage has been updated to try to clarify that, let me know if it
is still unclear.

>From the page you link to below:

"Note that you will need an external storage, like a USB-stick or a USB
hard disk."

That will not be the case for Emdebian Crush - we're aiming at support
for a Debian distribution small enough to fit on the device itself.
I've got a target for getting Emdebian Crush onto the internal storage
of the NSLU2 (6.4Mb). It will be a while before we get that small but
it is possible.

> If I would want Debian on the Edimax MIPS board, I would use
>  http://wpkg.org/Running_Debian_on_ASUS_WL-500G_deluxe
> as starting point. That is because OpenWRT is ported to both ASUS
> WL500 and Edimax BR6104KP.

Debian should be able to support anything that can run an OS - Emdebian
Grip is the first level, Emdebian Crush is the ultimate size reduction.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/