Re: Emdebian on armel: packages fail to build.

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 19:51:54 +0100
"Dimitri Michaux" <dimitri.michaux@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On your normal sid system, outside any chroot:
> > $ sudo empdebuild create
> > $ em_autobuild --pbuilder --arch armel --log --package foo
>
> Ok, so empdebuild first complaind that it couldn't find
> /usr/share/emdebian-tools/emdebian.buildd. After running emsetup
> --arch armel I found the file here
> /usr/lib/emdebian-tools/emdebian.buildd so I copied it. Then it found
> the file and continued happily, to fail when it Couldn't find these
> debs: libslang1-utf8 libgnutls13.

Please file a bug report against emdebian-tools, I'll fix that in the
next upload.

You can work out what is wrong with the package list in that file by
checking the current versions of those packages in Debian - there have
probably been SONAME bumps since the file was updated. I'll have to
experiment with a more stable fix - even if it does increase the size
of the compressed tarball.

> > I'm tired, only just got back from Extremadura and I'll have no
> > time to work on any of this for a few days.
>
> No problem take your time. I hope you had a nice holiday.

It was not a holiday:
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianQAExtremadura2008
http://www.perrier.eu.org/weblog/2008/11/30#bts-kalachnikov

Extremadura is not a holiday venue for Debian Developers, it is a
region of Spain where the government have funded a series of
conferences to aid the development of all kinds of work within Debian.
They provide the accommodation, the venue, the food and the resources -
we respond with bug fixes, policy developments, brainstorming and
general rapid Debian development of all kinds. That's why I'm tired.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/